at York County Community Action Corporation in Sanford, Maine, United States
Classroom Support Aide
Do you have a passion to make a difference while positively impacting the lives of young children and their families?
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
We partner with families of young children (zero to five) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that includes education, health and well-being.
We value our positive team environment by:
- Encouraging open communication and ongoing supervision
- Providing thorough orientation and training
- Supporting growth opportunities with financial funding
What we offer:
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid holidays
- School year schedule including school breaks
- Educational assistance
- $300 additional monthly compensation thru December 2022
- External applicants only: $1,000 sign-on bonus payable in two installments ($300 after 30 days & $700 after 3 months)
About our position:
- Location: Saco, Biddeford
- Starting Rate: $12.75
- Schedule: 27.5 hours/week; 38 weeks/year; Mon.-Fri.
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma, GED or HSE equivalent.
- Open to completing a fully funded CDA course within one year of hire.
- Experience working with children ages Birth – 5 years and special needs is preferred.
- Provides classroom support to teachers and nutrition staff on a daily basis.
- Completes tasks to assure a clean, safe and inviting classroom for children to learn and explore.
- Ensures Agency’s full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
- Plays with children.
YCCAC complies fully with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations concerning employees, including those pertaining to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and U.S. DHHS rules requiring that teachers and staff at Head Start and Early Head Start programs be fully vaccinated upon hire.
How to apply:
- Visit our Career Center at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1c4bd615-3829-460d-b922-a0167bb29d8c&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US to complete an application.
- Please email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org