at The Brunswick Hotel and Noble Bar + Kitchen in Brunswick, Maine, United States
The Brunswick Hotel is actively searching for an organized, detailed, and professional Front Desk / Guest Service Agent to join our Front Office team.
This is a Part Time or Full Time position. Expected regular shifts will include eight hour shifts spanning am to pm.
The Brunswick Hotel and Noble Kitchen & Bar, managed by Hay Creek Hotels, offers 52 upscale guest rooms and suites, a chef-driven local restaurant with seasonal outdoor patio, and meeting and event space just 30 minutes outside of Portland, ME. Visit thebrunswickhotel.com and noblekitchenbar.com for more information. Visit thebrunswickhotel.com and noblekitchenbar.com for more information.
· Provide telephone services and operate the multi-line telephone switchboard effectively. Receive and transfer all calls, voice messages, and mail of guests and hotel employees.
· Greet and welcome all guests in a professional and hospitable manner. Direct guests to the appropriate area.
· Register guests and securely assign them a guest room and room key. Verify guest credit and process payment upon check-out.
· Have a thorough working knowledge of hotel property management system and rates/packages offered. Regularly check availability for reservation inquiries. Make and confirm reservations over the phone and coordinate those submitted online.
· Assist guests with any and all needs, including assisting in bringing luggage to their rooms, making restaurant reservations, and ensuring housekeeping and maintenance requests.
· Communicate all guest room status changes to Housekeeping department.
· Professionally handle guest complaints, problem solve to satisfy all guest needs, and follow up with manager.
· Have a thorough knowledge of hotel services, local shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
· Deliver guest amenities as necessary.
· Know and practice all safety and emergency procedures. Lead emergency situations, such as evacuations. Follow all key procedures. Secure guest valuables. Manage Lost and Found per policy.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
· Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
· Competitive Salary/Wages
· Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
· Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
· Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
· Complimentary Meals Daily
· Free Parking
· Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
· Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
· 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
· Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
· Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
· Supportive, open-door policy work environment
· Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
· Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
· Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be very skilled with technology and a quick learner. Working knowledge of a Property Management System preferred.
- 1 year customer service experience required, hotel environment highly preferred.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Proven success in handling guest complaints.
- Ability to operate smoothly and professionally under high stress situations.
- Flexibility to work nights or mornings, weekends, holidays, and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift