at CDM Smith in Auburn, Maine, United States
CDM Smith is seeking a Manager, Finance and Administration to support our International Services Unit (ISU). This role manages the financial, planning, and analysis efforts of the unit, as well as operational support, accounting review, and pricing analysis to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as achieving the firm’s financial objectives.
The successful candidate:
• Supports the financial, planning, and analysis activities for the business, including budget, forecast, and ad-hoc reporting to management. Provide comprehensive analysis on any financial issues, performance, forecasting, and cost control. Supports management with in- depth analysis and assessment of enterprise processes.
• Develops the budget in conjunction with the designated country managers and financial leads. Manages the unit’s financial issues including financial reporting and review, approval of invoices and coordination with the headquarters accounting function for payment processing and invoice development. Develops, manages and monitors ISUHQ’s operating budget.
• Prepares presentations for and recommendations to Senior Management. Performs ad-hoc reporting and analysis including analytical and research support for various corporate and business unit projects.
• Provides financial and operational support to the unit’s management and staff in appropriate areas of expertise.
• Performs other duties as required.
Manager, Finance and Administration (Remote Options)
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10 years of related experience with at least 2 of those years in supervisory or management capacity.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Advanced Excel, Qlik, and Salesforce skills.
• International experience a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interact with senior leadership as well as all levels of staff.
• Ability to work successfully across various time zones and in various local currencies.
• Requires excellent verbal and written skills.
• Requires the ability to oversee the concurrent preparation of complex projects involving close attention to detail, coordination with many levels of staff, and compliance with multiple internally and externally imposed deadlines.
• Maintains strong familiarity with the firm’s financial objectives and knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Ability to manage staff.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.