at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Waldo Community Action Partners (WCAP) is seeking a Housing Director!
The Housing Director is responsible for the support, development, implementation and operations of department services and advancing the community reach of those services. You work in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and other members of the senior management team to lead the corporation, to assure compliance with the mission, goals, and strategic objectives. Your job is to lead WCAP’s efforts to address, safe, affordable housing needs in our service region. You oversee and are responsible for all of WCAP’s housing related activities, including home repair, weatherization, home ownership education, housing counseling, rental and mortgage assistance and/or other supporting services.
The Director will have a key role in the future building development activities of the agency to meet agency and community needs. The Director is responsible for contracts relating to housing services and compliance with applicable standards. You are responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Housing Services programs to ensure that program requirements, regulations and outcomes are met and assures consistent policies and procedures are in place for program operations. This is a supervisory position with the primary duty of overseeing all operations and staff related activities in support of client and community needs. The position supports agency functions by providing consultation, training, and support in the area of expertise.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the overall management and leadership of our Housing programs.
2. Establishes performance objectives for the programs and assures compliance with requirements, regulations and procedures.
3. Directs programs to ensure contracts are administered in compliance with requirements, regulations and procedures.
4. Responsible for managing programs within established budgets and fiscal guidelines.
5. Participates in program development and implementation, develops partnerships, creates, reviews and interprets policy, regulations and rules.
6. Collects and manages data and submits performance reports for contracts under direct responsibility, as well as reviews and approves all program data and performance reports for contracts under oversight.
7. Participates in new grant opportunities and enhancement of existing programs/services.
8. Responsible for coordinated development of program budgets, projections and documentation in cooperation with Agency administration and Fiscal Procedures.
9. Provides training, consultation services and support for programs and services for EmpowOr implementation and data collection in the department.
10. Assists with planning, coordination, development and maintenance of facilities as assigned.
Internal Coordination and Collaboration:
1. Responsible for assigned interagency projects that offer coordinated services for the benefit of residents with low incomes.
2. Collaborates with other departments on agency-wide initiatives.
3. Initiates and develops funding for new programs in conjunction with the CEO and leadership team which meet the demonstrated needs of community and clients.
4. Facilitates and Coordinates the implementation of EmpowOr for the organization.
Program Administration and Services:
1. Develop solutions for WCAP to respond to identified Housing needs independently or with local partners.
2. Identifies resources necessary to implement solutions.
3. Works with HUD, Maine Housing, the Department of Economic and Community Development and other program sponsors to implement/operate housing related programs in our region.
4. Oversees and Supports Housing Program Staff.
5. Manages Program Resources to meet client and community needs.
6. Comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and grant/contract terms.
7. Ensure proper documentation of all transactions, client eligibility, etc. as required by internal policies and procedures or external terms and conditions of funding requirements.
8. Maintain/develop positive public relations in community and with funding sources.
9. Participate in internal and external meetings which will advance WCAP’s standing in the affordable housing arena.
10. Respond to client complaints/concerns.