at Sweetser in Brunswick, Maine, United States
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Within the frame work of recovery and resiliency provides client centered short term therapy to an individual experiencing a behavioral health crisis.
• Completes timely comprehensive assessment of individuals admitted to the Crisis Stabilization Unit.
• Collaboratively develops treatment plans and monitors progress of goals.
• Responsible for coordination of care with internal/external providers and naturals supports.
• Provides clinical supervision and training to CSU direct care staff.
• Creates and implements comprehensive discharge/aftercare plan for each individual.
• Transports clients, when needed.
• Provides necessary information/communication to meet all requirements needed for managed care authorization of services and 3rd party insurance reimbursement.
• Ensures proper releases and service agreements are acquired.
• Ensure documentation is timely and reflects medical necessity.
• Attends treatment team and service planning meetings when requested.
• Provides coverage to the milieu, as needed.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Consistently use the skills of Motivational Interviewing.
• Demonstrates understanding of Peer Support.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues and the community and collaborates effectively within complex systems.
• Receives and understands professional feedback from supervisors and colleagues and implements supervisory suggestions for performance improvement.
• Listens and responds to clients, family and colleagues in a sensitive and respectful manner.
• Recognizes signs of increasing clinical or situational risk and of escalating behavior and utilizes de-escalation and safety implementation techniques effectively.
• Recognizes variables underlying stressful situations, discerns methods to diffuse or contain them and quickly implements the most effective intervention.
• Provides crisis/risk assessments and develops/implements stabilization plans that are creative and specific to the persons served and their needs, and promotes health and growth with the goal of reintegration into the community
• Manages multi-task situations and conflicting demands, copes with stressful situations, prioritizes projects and responsibilities, and meets critical deadlines.
• Maintains current knowledge in present practice area, i.e., attendance at required hours of organization educational programs and utilizes clinical supervision as a learning experience.
• Demonstrates ability to work with diverse populations and accepts differences in perspective and values.
• Communicates ideas and opinions in a clear and constructive manner, both verbally and in writing.
• Intermediate computer skills required.