at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, and patient care. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science! The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 sign on bonus for this position!
We are looking for a Technical Support Representative to join our team. In this role, you will provide assistance to our customers by answering their technical questions about our products and supply parts, and coordinates the repair and maintenance of our products relating to warranties. Responding to inquiries in a courteous, helpful, and timely manner is key in this position. Computer proficiency and experience in assembly, testing, and/or troubleshooting mechanical and/or electrical products is required.
The Technical Support Representative provides technical assistance to the company’s external customers such as product end users, certifiers, lab technicians, lab managers, safety officers, and prospective customers by answering their complex technical questions concerning our products and supply parts. In addition, the position provides technical assistance to TBC’s Marketing, Sales, and Customer service personnel. Coordinate the repair and maintenance of our products under warranty and assist the customer in this area when they are not.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Service Management, Quality Department, and other vested parties, when required, for reporting of cases by month, year, and type for trend analysis.
- Work with Service Management to continuously improve the Technical Services Group and the Baker Company through various initiatives.
- Answer incoming phone calls in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
- Able to reply to incoming calls, voicemails emails, and correspondence submitted through the Baker Company website in a timely and professional manner.
- Log warranty calls, call data and other pertinent information into our call management system.
- Maintain and open/closed case call format system.
- Work with product end users, field technicians and other various individuals to diagnose and/or trouble shoot Baker and BakerRuskinn products in the field.
- Coordinate with other internal company groups (Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, etc.) to get the customer’s answers as required.
- Analyze and define technical inquiries from end users, field techs and other various individuals either over the phone or via email.
- Provide Test Reports, Test Data, manuals, drawings, and other pertinent information as requested.
- Able to perform trend analysis of incoming calls to anticipate possible areas for improvement.
- Review and understand Operator/Service Manuals and provide input for possible changes and be able to make these changes.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material
- Write and/or offer input for Infield Installation Instructions, as required.
- Provide part numbers and part quotes to end users, field technicians, CSRs and other various individuals as requested.
- Enter parts orders as required.
- Some travel for field work may be required. (<10%)
- Be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics.
- Perform other duties as needed and prescribed by Service Management.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Able to meet customer’s needs (internal and external)
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to internal and external customers
- Manage incoming calls
- Keep Service Management updated on current issues/cases.
- Provide case resolution in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift materials and parts weighing between 30-40 lbs. occasionally (10%-20% of the time)
- Must be able to talk on the phone and work on the computer for extended periods (up to 80% of the time)
- 3 years Assembly, test/technical troubleshooting experience
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of CAD a plus
- Some knowledge of ERP/MRP/Case management systems
- Must have good listening, communications, and excellent phone skills.
- Must be capable of concentration and be detail oriented for extended periods
- Must be able to multitask
- Electrical/ mechanical background