at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science. The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 Sign-On Bonus & with this position!
This is an entry level CAM Programmer position. In this role, we will train you on how to program production machines, i.e. brakes, punches, lasers, etc., by working closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing Departments to enable safe and efficient production of quality parts for our products. The production department uses Trumpf and Amada equipment and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use CAM software to generate programs to support our punches, lasers and brakes.
- Investigate and develop improved process capabilities for our manufacturing processes when possible.
- Provide insight to Baker manufacturing capabilities to Design Engineering when requested.
- If other manufacturing equipment is added the CAM operators will be required to learn and use this software as well.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Troubleshoot programming issues on the floor as needed.
- Run equipment to run production demands as needed.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Work well within a team environment.
- Work toward efficient nesting.
- Keep engineers informed as to sheet sizes.
- Work well with and give feedback to the production department.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of (Trumpf) and Amada production machine tools.
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time on a computer (up to 100% of the time).
- Extend and reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers.
- Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs frequently, and up to 50 lbs periodically.
- Must be able to assist others in 2 person lifting requirements up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, crawl, climb or bend for up to 8 hours.
- Sheet metal experience is preferred.
- Experience with Trumpf TruTops/Amada programming software or running the machines.
- Experience with 3-D modeling (computer aided design) is a plus.
- Experience with the development of new or improved manufacturing processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate project and product status to a variety of cross-functional team members.
- Ability to ensure timely and efficient completion of detailed engineering projects to achieve company cost and customer service objectives.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to interpret drawings.