at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science. The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 Sign-On Bonus with this position!
Looking for a career where you can use your TIG welding skills to craft products that help make the world a better place?
As a Welder, you are responsible to set up components for welding and join metals according to customer specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welds or tack welds metal parts together, using spot welding gun or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment.
- Fills cavities or corrects malformation in lead parts and hammers out bulges and bends in metal workpieces.
- Examines workpiece for defects and measures workpiece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Climbs ladders to assemble structures.
- Moves parts on low lifts.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors or leads.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Meeting production demand
- Safety conscious
- Must be able to lift parts/materials/subunits weighing up to 50 lbs. continuously.
- Must be able to lift materials weighing up to 75 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to assist others in 2-person lifting requirements.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, climb or bend for the entire shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years welding experience –TIG.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings and read job specifications.
- Understand (BOM) Bill of Materials and identify material types and gauges.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Company Paid Health Reimbursement Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Life Insurances
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- And More!