at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, and patient care. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science! The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 sign on bonus for this position!
Technical Customer Service Representative will act as a liaison between company and customers, sales representatives, Baker product certifiers, engineering, manufacturing, traffic, credit, and the company’s accounting staff to calculate and send parts quotes, sales orders, processes warranties and fulfills customers’ various needs to ensure satisfaction. In addition, the position will provide Level 1 technical assistance to external and internal customers (Marketing, Sales and Customer Service personnel).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fields incoming phone calls and online inquiries from end users, service technicians, and sales professionals in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Able to reply to incoming calls, voicemails, emails, and correspondence submitted through the Baker Company website in a timely and professional manner.
- Works with Service Management to continuously improve the Technical Services Group and the Baker Company, through various initiatives.
- Processes quotes and purchase orders, supply’s part numbers to customers when required.
- Log call and case data/infor into CRM or ERP. Maintain and open/close case call format system as required.
- Coordinate with engineering personnel to get the customer’s answers as required. Provide product pricing and other relevant information as requested by Customers/Field Techs.
- Issue warranty calls.
- Ensures customer issues are resolved in a timely manner (e.g., warranty, non-warranty, troubleshooting service incidents).
- Analyze and define technical inquiries from end users, field techs and other various individuals either over the phone or via email (level 1).
- Provide test reports, test data, manuals, drawings, and other pertinent information as requested (level 1).
- Solid understanding of the features and benefits of all products sold and serviced by the company.
- In-depth knowledge of all warranties.
- Ensures compliance with the company’s quality assurance and company customer satisfaction programs to ensure the equitable resolution of customer complaints.
- Ensures associate compliance with company time and attendance policies and adhere to productivity and service standards.
- Communicates with others in the company (vertically and horizontally) to ensure compliance with service standards and company policies.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material.
- Other duties as assigned
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Call logs (in-bound/out-bound)
- Data log
- Product knowledge
- Order Accuracy and Validity
- Completeness of orders
- Provide case resolution in a timely manner
- Able to sit for extended periods of time
- Able to work on a computer
- Must be able to lift materials and parts weighing up to 40 lbs. occasionally (0% - 10% of the time)
- Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Business or 3-5 years of equivalent technical field background.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in international orders/shipments a plus
- High energy level
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Good analytical skills
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Works with minimal supervision
- Contracts Administration/Bids knowledge a plus