at Shaw's Supermarket in South Portland, Maine, United States
• Stores are usually open 7 days a week.
• Part time associates usually work between 8 and 36 hours a week.
• Full time associates usually work 40 hours a week.
• Grocery clerk requires the performance of repetitive tasks.
• Grocery clerk requires significant lifting and carrying of product.
• Retail store conditions are generally dry with moderate temperature.
• Grocery back room conditions are generally moderate.
• Cooler conditions may be wet or dry, and usually cold.
• Freezer conditions are usually very cold.
• Overnight Grocery clerks usually scheduled between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.
• This may be a part time or full time position.
• This is considered an entry-level position.
• Food safety awareness is required in this position.
• It is important to understand that all Grocery clerks must have the ability to deal with
some potentially difficult situations (such as dissatisfied customers) to perform this
position in a satisfactory manner.