at Northern Light Health in Waterville, Maine, United States
Northern Light Health
Department: HR South Region
Position is located: Inland Hospital
Work Type: Part Time Eligible
FTE: 0.50 (20 hours)
Work Schedule: 8:00 am – 4:30 pmSummary The HR Coordinator supports the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources functions. Responsible for administrative and project-oriented duties. Support the HR Manager for activities including recruitment, new employee on boarding and additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities Education and Experience •Associate Degree or equivalent experience required. •Prior administrative work experience required. •SHRM-CP credential preferred. •Prior Human Resources experience preferred. Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities •Excellent verbal and written communication skills. •Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. •Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. •Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. •Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment. •Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Essential Functions
+ Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
+ Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
+ Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
+ Assists with processing of terminations.
+ Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
+ Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
+ Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Manager of HR.
+ Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
+ Files documents into appropriate employee files.
+ Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
+ Prepares new-employee files.
+ Processes mail.
+ Performs other related duties as assignedDetailed Responsibilities
- Provides excellent service with focus on patient and/or customer experience and ensures all functions related to customer service supports the department, member organization, and patient related goals.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with the operations of department and/or organization.
- Manages various aspects of staff performance and development.
- Leverages software and/or hardware relative to job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Coordinates appointments on behalf of patients and/or staff.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments, and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment, and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one’s behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences’ level.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.