at Wayfair in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Services
We are looking for a skilled Assistant Manager to lead a specialized vertical within our Supply Chain Services org. Supply Chain Services (SCS) spans all steps of the inbound and outbound logistics for Wayfair’s CastleGate Fulfillment network and North America Final Mile delivery. SCS team members build relationships with supplier factories in Asia, overseas delivery agents, delivery sites across North America and work with these teams to ensure compliance in large parcel processes and real time accuracy in product location. Workflows include monitoring SLA compliance from our delivery partners to identify and address delays, investigations into late shipments, and processing customer-requested order changes.
This is a role with tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact on the success of the company and for growth within Wayfair’s Operations arm.
What You’ll Do
As an Assistant Manager, you will lead a team of 5-10 associates who are responsible for daily transactional work and partnering with internal and external stakeholders. You will also:
- Coach, mentor, and assist in developing your team to drive both individual and team performance
- Help develop, implement, and execute strategic projects and initiatives
- Monitor and analyze KPIs and utilize strong analytical skills to turn data into action
- Lead team meetings, hold regular check-ins with direct reports, and write and administer performance reviews
- Suggest and implement changes to internal process to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Build cross functional relationships to ensure best practices and successful execution of projects
- Report to upper management on team performance, development, and improvement areas
- Persuade leadership with analytical justification
What You’ll Need
- At least three years of people management experience
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable with regular phone communication
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly and often
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Problem solving mindset and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-reliant and able to motivate others
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Experience with data and reporting tools (Excel, Google Data Studio) and proficiency with collaborative G Suite tools or their Microsoft/Open Office equivalents.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.