at Penobscot County Commissioners in Bangor, Maine, United States
The Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office is seeking applicants for Patrol Deputies. Patrol Deputies are responsible for the enforcement of Maine State Laws and the maintenance of the public’s safety and security. Work includes patrolling assigned areas, maintaining assigned equipment, and general law enforcement responsibilities. A Deputy’s work requires strength in public relations and maintaining a high standard of professionalism. Work is performed under general supervision.
Penobscot County offers health, dental, life & AD&D, and vision insurance for its full-time employees as well as paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation (pay based on length of service). Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, cancer, and short-term/long term disability plans. Employees have access to an employee gym. Penobscot County participates in the Maine State Retirement System and offers a 457(b) program.
- Preference will be given to Academy certified candidates (full or part-time)
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D.
- Successful completion of departmental testing, screening, and oral boards.
- Must successfully pass a full criminal and motor vehicle background check.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Successfully complete physical assessment.
- Successfully pass a full personal, criminal, and motor vehicle background check.
- Successfully complete physical assessment based on the Departmental Functional Job Description.
- Successfully complete a Polygraph.
Successfully pass pre-employment drug screening.