at Wayfair in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Overview: The Global Freight Operations (GFO) team is looking for a proven leader to support the expansion and development of this critical operations group. This person will play a key role in major GFO initiatives to optimize our inbound operating model, own operational performance indicators and drive improved process execution across the team. As an integral member of this supply chain team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a unique and proprietary distribution network. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative minded leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep background in Supply Chain and Operations Innovation. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead part of one of our core operational functions.
Who we are: The Global Freight Operations team is composed of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound freight space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate Forwarding, Finance, and Engineering. We are working to grow Wayfair through the development of new business strategies, to optimize our current processes in response to global freight conditions, and offer exemplary service to our third party partners.
What is CastleGate? CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s key business units, is vital to achieving Wayfair’s long-term success, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to continue to expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What you will do:
- Be one of the leaders of building a strategy & process around the visibility and tracking of $2 billion worth of domestic & international product moves.
- Act as a leader to develop and refine strategies and processes around improving visibility, tracking, and timely movement of over $5b in domestic and international freight.
- Create a compelling vision and get support for your vision from senior leadership across the organization that aligns with global strategy and key Wayfair initiatives.
- Execute on department initiatives in support of Operational Excellence within the NA Operations Services group, emphasizing Productivity, Service, and Quality.
- Manage a team of assistant managers and specialists to act as the central ‘hub’ of process & information as it relates to visibility/monitoring of freight flowing throughout our supply chain network.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a team of associates tasked with executing key processes to provide visibility into Wayfair’s supply chain.
- Transform existing visibility & monitoring processes into a highly scalable solution capable of providing real-time updates to various stakeholders – suppliers, customers, forecasting teams, transportation, sales teams, and others.
- Partner with cross-functional teams within and outside the Operations space to develop and to refine processes that seek to solve complex business issues emphasizing cost containment and partner satisfaction in a proactive manner.
- Partner with technology teams to develop brand new and innovative solutions for tracking and predicting the movement of freight (ocean containers, domestic inbound trucks, warehouse cross dock transfers, product moves in warehouses and more).
- Identify, build and negotiate strategic partnerships with startups and established companies in the Supply Chain and Logistics space to increase the value of our operations and technology solutions.
Who you are:
- Bachelor Degree Required / Masters preferred
- Great communicator and storyteller that excels at getting support for complex initiatives.
- Experienced, with 5+ years working in fast-paced environments such as consulting or technology companies.
- Answer-first, business-oriented and data-driven decision maker that excels at creating actionable insights.
- Able to create structure out of chaos and derive a coherent view out of diverse, and sometimes conflicting, opinions and facts.
- Skilled at dealing with complex corporate environments and solving conflicts across senior stakeholders aligned with diverse internal and external channels/partners, business units and product lines.
- Proficient in designing, manipulating, and interpreting data sets
- Proficient in both Microsoft Office suite and Google Suite
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detail oriented with the ability to see the story of how your work translates into data, cost savings and general operational excellence.
- 5-6 years of experience leading a mixed team of associates and managers
- Familiarity with the Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry is highly preferred but not required.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident