at Woodfords Family Services in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States
BHPs needed to join our team and support children and their families located in Freeport, Pownal, and Durham
Part-time: $500 Hire Bonus, with a total bonus package of up to $1,250
Casual: $250 Hire Bonus, with a total bonus package of up to $625
Woodfords Family Services has an opportunity for you to positively impact children and teens with special needs in your community.
- Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs) support consumers to practice and learn skills related to behavior management, communication, independent living, self-care, self-help, socialization, and community integration.
Multiple schedules available in the Freeport, Pownal and Durham area.
- BHPs typically work 12 to 29 (casual to part-time) hours weekly.
- BHPs work 2 to 4 afternoons and evenings during the week, and on weekend day. BHPs often work with kids and teens when they are home from school.
- BHPs work year-round with flexible schedules and we carefully match consumers and BHPs.
Pay for BHPs:
- Casual and Part-time positions available
- $14.00 to $15.00 hourly pay. Pay is based on education, experience, and certification
- $0.50/hour wage increase once employee is certified as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
- Paid Training and BHP Certification
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Employer-Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP Benefits)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan w/ Agency Match
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Exclusive Verizon Discount to Woodfords Family Service Employees
- Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation.
If you are excited to support kids, teens, and their families to reach their goals, we will train you to be successful as a Behavioral Health Professional!
- High school diploma or GED is required (higher education is preferred)
- Valid driver's license is required as work is community-based
- A reliable vehicle with current auto insurance is required
- Experience working with children with autism or intellectual disabilities is preferred
- Experience using strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is preferred
- Creativity and a desire to help children and their families to learn skills and meet goals
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) Role:
- Behavioral Health Professionals work directly with children who have special needs. Work is done within their home and community. The focus is behavioral support, building social skills, practicing personal and daily routines, and getting children included within their community.
- BHPs are an important part of the team as they are working directly and independently with consumers and collaboratively with the child's treatment team. BHPs need to work well on their own and also work well with consumers' families, and other member of the team.
Woodfords invests in our BHPs and provides you paid training and opportunities for professional growth. We want our BHPs to be successful and teach skills and strategies needed.
We carefully match our Behavioral Health Professionals and consumers. Supervisors are available to provide on-going support and training to BHPs.
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with autism, intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities and their families for close to 55 years.
"I am a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) at Woodfords, and I love being able to work in the school system as well as provide services in-home. As an aspiring Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), this is a great way to gain experience working with consumers in various settings. One of my favorite parts of working as a BHP is establishing connections and building relationships with my consumers and their families. I have learned how important it is to have positive relationships in order to effectively do my job and provide support to my consumers.
Since day one as a BHP at Woodfords, I have had nothing but positive interactions with my co-workers. I have always admired how supportive all of my supervisors are. They always find a way to show staff that their hard work is appreciated, and always incorporate ways to make the work environment fun." - Caitlyn, BHP
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.