at York County Community Action Corporation in Sanford, Maine, United States
Early Head Start – Teacher-in-Training
Do you have a passion to make a difference while positively impacting the lives of young children and their families?
Why join our team:
“Head Start really does make a difference in our community. I see it impact families directly. It has impacted me; it has made a difference in my life. Where else can you be greeted with smiles and hugs on a daily basis? It’s fantastic!” – Early Childhood Education Coordinator
We partner with families of young children (6 weeks to 5 years) in York County to offer a comprehensive program that supports social, emotional, physical, and educational development so children are ready to thrive in kindergarten and beyond.
We value our positive team environment by:
- Encouraging open communication and ongoing supervision
- Providing thorough orientation and training
- Supporting growth opportunities with financial funding
What we offer:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement benefits and match
- Health Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- School year schedule including school breaks
- Educational assistance
- $1,500 sign-on bonus payable in two installments ($500 after 30 days & $1000 after 3 months)
- $600 additional monthly compensation thru December, 2022
About this position:
- Starting Rate: $14.46
- Available Positions: 2 Early Head Start
- Location: Biddeford
- Schedule: 35 hours/week in a classroom and 2 hours of training; 49 weeks/year; Mon-Fri
Educational Requirements & Experience:
- The Teacher-in-Training must obtain an Infant/Toddler CDA 12 months after they are hired in the position. YCCAC will financially support the Teacher-in-Training with completing their CDA.
- Experience in a center or home-based setting, specializing in infant and toddlers preferred.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet families’ needs and have a reliable vehicle for travel.
- Plans, implements and documents a comprehensive child development program for infants and toddlers.
- Assumes responsibilities of Primary Caregiving, assuring continuity of care.
- Develops child focused goals in partnership with families, adheres to timelines and coordinates center/home visits with each family.
- Ensures Agency’s full compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and Maine State Licensing Requirements.
How to apply:
- Visit our web site at https://yccac.org/join-our-staff/ to complete an application. Completed resumes and applications will be accepted until June 10, 2022.
- York County Community Action - 6 Spruce Street, P.O. Box 72, Sanford, ME 04073
- (207)324-5762 or 1-800-965-5762 Fax (207)459-2838