at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
The Weatherization Specialist performs home energy audits and inspections for the Agency's Weatherization Assistance Program, and provides field support for other Housing Department programs and services that coincide with weatherization projects. Ensures coordination of services within the department to support need.
1. Performs a minimum of 8 energy audits and/or inspections per month on housing units eligible for Weatherization, including required diagnostic testing.
2. Prepares and issues contractor work orders.
3. Supports CHIP, AST and Home Repair Programs that coincide with WAP projects.
4. Inputs necessary data into computer system for WAP, CHIP and any other current Housing Program.
1. Practices safe personal work habits and keeps tools/vehicles in safe working order.
2. Follows Agency financial policies, practices, and procedures.
3. Performs services in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and grant/contract terms.
4. Maintains documentation, recording, and reporting to support effective tracking and recording of work.
5. Assumes shared responsibility of all aspects of the Housing Services programs, including answering telephone and managing access to services and resources.
6. Maintains positive communication with clients, vendors, agency, and program staff.
7. Makes determinations for appropriate services using applications and forms based on household information and program eligibility.
1. Maintains a courteous and clear communication with clients. Listens and documents client concerns and follows up with solutions.
2. Conducts client energy conservation education.
3. Makes appropriate referrals as needed.
1. Performs light housekeeping duties.
1. Keeps current with Federal, State and Local regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Leadership & Teamwork:
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
2. Adheres to the policies in the use of computer technology and all tele-communication devices.
Safety and Wellness:
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.