at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
The Housing Services Supervisor assists with the day-to-day office operations of Housing Services programs. The supervisor ensures efficient and effective program operations according to program and agency standards. Supports, monitors, and participates in coordinating work for Housing programs including performing home energy audits and inspections for the housing programs as needed. Provides for field support for other Housing Department programs and conducts work including of applications and certifications to ensure proper workflow. This position serves as the primary support person for housing programs and coordinates with vendors and funders. Provides program orientation to new hires and ensures services delivered meet program requirements. Ensures the program provides positive customer services and efficient and effective access to program resources.
1. Provides oversight and direction for the Housing Services team to
maximize reach of program services.
2. Ensures programs operate within established budgets and fiscal guidelines.
3. Follows Agency financial policies, practices and procedures.
4. Ensures services comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations and grant/contract terms
5. Reviews daily and monthly workflow and reports, managing program work volume, ensuring effective measures are in place and workflow meets needs.
6. Responds to client complaints/concerns.
7. Maintains an inventory of all program equipment.
8. Ensure proper documentation of all transactions, client eligibility, etc. as required by internal policies and procedures or external terms and conditions of funding requirements.
9. Ensures efficient processes for program delivery, including pre-screening and scheduling, managing application and waitlists for services and collecting required documentation and paperwork for work and billing.
10. Assumes shared responsibility of all aspects of the Housing Services programs, including answering telephone and managing access to services and resources.
11. Coordinates applications for services according to regulations and established processes.
12. Collects clear, concise and complete documentation, ensuring that each application meets the required documentation standards according to established rules, regulations and procedures set forth by the Federal and State entities.
13. Ensures positive communication with clients, vendors, agency and program staff.
14. Makes determinations for appropriate application and forms based on household information.
15. Maintains working knowledge of all housing services, forms, and guidelines required to make appropriate decisions for each household ensuring successful access to eligible resources.
16. Maintains client records/files in accordance with program requirements.
17. Supports and maintains appropriate vendors to secure services.
18. Prepares required program reports to meet requirements as requested.19. Provides accurate and timely reporting as needed and assigned.
20. Assists with program budgets, work plans, contracts, proposals and narratives as requested.
21. Completes data entry into multiple electronic formats and paper files, creates and updates documents as required, and performs general clerical duties to ensure program paperwork is complete and accurate.
22. Manages daily workflow to maximize staffing to meet program need.
23. Completes Purchase Orders for program(s) as authorized.
24. Provides Supportive Coaching for clients when needed.
25. Makes appropriate referrals and coordinates with other social service programs to support client need.
1. Provides direct supervision of assigned Housing Services staff providing individual and group support.
2. Maintains a team approach requiring standards of excellence in customer service.
3. Provides orientation and ongoing training identified for supervised staff.
4. Participates in the hiring process for Housing Services Staff.
5. Cross trains staff to ensure program continuity.
6. Supervises, coaches, disciplines, and manages staff in accordance with WCAP Policies and Procedures.
7. Continually evaluates job performance of staff including annual performance evaluations.
8. Manages work schedule for program staff.
9. Reviews and authorizes time records for supervised staff.
1. Performs energy audits and/or inspections on housing units eligible for Weatherization, including required diagnostic testing to ensure skills and support program operations.
2. Prepares and issues contractor work orders and review order for staff.
3. Supports CHIP, AST and Home Repair Programs activities as needed which coincide with WAP projects.
4. Inputs necessary data into computer system for WAP, CHIP and any other current Housing Program system to ensure continuity of work and data.
1. Practices safe personal work habits and keeps tools/vehicles in safe working order.
2. Completes appropriate paperwork.
1. Maintains a courteous and clear communication with clients. Listens and documents client concerns and follows up with solutions.
2. Conducts client energy conservation education.
3. Makes appropriate referrals as needed.
1. Keeps up to date on state and federal regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position
2. Participates in other local and state level meetings/trainings related to all aspects of this position
3. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Leadership and Teamwork:
1. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies
2. Adheres to policies in the use of computer technology and all telecommunication devices.
3. Attends monthly Housing Council meetings.
4. Assists in policy development and program planning.
5. Facilitates coordination with other programs and Mainehousing to support compliance and to continuously improve coordination and collaboration.6. Maintains a professional relationship with external stakeholders, contracts, programs and recipients.