at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
The Volunteer Driver Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of Volunteer Drivers for Mid-Coast Public Transportation. Recruits and retains an adequate number of volunteers to meet transportation needs in Waldo, Knox, Lincoln and Sagadahoc counties. Handles onboarding, coordinating background checks on prospective volunteers, maintenance of required records, coordination of trainings and orientations, and performing inspections on vehicles. Serves as the primary contact for volunteer drivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruits a target number of new volunteer drivers per month using a wide variety of available resources and methods flyers, newspapers, radio.
2. Presents to community groups to identify potential volunteer drivers and potential recruitment partners.
3. Creates and maintains an Annual Volunteer Recruitment Plan addressing new strategies and retention goals. Maintains a separate calendar for planned events.
4. Maintains a high rate of retention of well-trained and experienced volunteers to ensure an adequate volunteer pool.
5. Sets and regularly reviews recruitment and retention goals.
6. Coordinating all required background checks on prospective volunteer drivers. Works in conjunction with the Driver Supervisor and WCAP’s HR Department.
7. Orients and trains volunteers upon admittance to the program and as required.
8. Cross Train and continue to work closely with Transit Teams to ensure alignment with all rules and regulations.
9. Schedules and organizes Volunteer Recognition Events.
10. Meets with volunteers at least quarterly to provide feedback and ensure their satisfaction.
11. Prepares routine correspondence, reports, minutes, mail, and other documents as required.
12. Plans, creates and distributes a monthly volunteer newsletter.
13. Maintains a safe, clean, and healthy workplace environment.
14. Must be willing to travel throughout the region to meet with new and existing volunteers regularly.
15. Responsible for keeping inventory current for all tablets and cell phones used by all drivers and operations staff.
16. Responsible for setting up new tablets for all drivers with all necessary applications.
17. Must have the ability to use TeamViewer to support all tablet issues. Provide training support for all types of technical issues associated with the tablets.
18. Provide on-call support for Volunteer drivers.
19. Provide on-call support for Agency-Drivers as needed.
20. Must acquire and maintain all credentialing needed to be a driver for emergency or backup purposes.
1. Keeps up to date on State and Federal regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Develops a strong working knowledge of federal and Maine Medicaid law and regulations.
3. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Safety And Wellness:
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.