at The Baker Company Inc. in Sanford, Maine, United States
Be a part of a company that leads the industry in clean air, containment, and incubation technology, and help us support sustainable, environmentally friendly laboratories. Our products are used worldwide for scientific research, drug discovery, patient care, and more. Join The Baker Company team - and help us support science. The Baker Company offers a comprehensive benefits package and a $500 sign on bonus with this position!
The Application Systems Analyst reports to the IT Manager. This is an IT position supporting an enterprise resource planning system and complimentary applications within a manufacturing environment. Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, analyzing systems, monitoring data usage, evaluating work processes, investigating problem areas, and following the software development lifecycle. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with, developing, and supporting software configurations, queries, reports, dashboards, extractions, modules, and workflows.
- Troubleshooting business processes and working with both internal and external resources to resolve business application issues.
- Overall business processes to support Epicor 10 ERP along with numerous integrated and complimentary third-party software packages throughout the organization.
- Install applications on new computers (Epicor, Calendar), plus system admin tasks.
- Assist with hardware and infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Make every effort to focus on doing-it-right to make sure the customer is happy or satisfied with our units.
- Provide value to our customers by using Lean tools and concepts to identify and eliminate waste in all forms (scrap/rework, transportation, motion, waiting, inventory, over production, over processing, and under-utilization of people). Uses systemic thinking by seeing processes from end to end and works to challenge the status quo to eliminate the root cause of problems. Is involved in individual and/or team activities that involve using Lean tools and concepts to improve the flow of information and material
- Other duties as required
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS
- Improve upon existing business processes and procedures in and around the Epicor ERP system.
- Enhance reliability, integrity and usability of data, models, and workflows.
- Meet set goals and deadlines
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Focus on and see detail at close range.
- Handle, control and use tools and objects.
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty with 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Knowledge of database structures, .NET tools, C SHARP, and various levels of coding as well as experience developing reports and queries in an integrated database environment.
- Experience with Epicor Configurators, BAQ-BPM & Dashboards, Crystal Reports, SSRS, SQL Server, ODBC, Microsoft Access, and SharePoint is not required, but highly desired.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with and support a user base that has a wide range of computer skills.
- Experience with Epicor kinetic ERP platform, a plus.