at Safe Voices in Auburn, Maine, United States
Safe Voices Domestic Violence Resource Center is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the part-time role of Overnight Housing Advocate. This position is based in Androscoggin County and has limited travel needs.
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer, committed to growing a diverse staff. We strongly encourage application from candidates of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, genders/gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and those with lived experience of domestic violence or sexual exploitation or trafficking. In addition, candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Providing individual advocacy with victims of sex trafficking and exploitation
- Assisting with the overnight operations of the safe house including individualized assessments, emergency intakes, meeting resident needs within the communal living environment, monitoring and restocking food supplies, organizing donations, assisting with internal office procedures and tasks, and monitoring the maintenance of shelter as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of issues faced by those who experience domestic violence, and human sex trafficking and exploitation.
- Thrive working independently
- Knowledge of community resources
- Professional experience with crisis intervention or techniques
- Reliable transportation
- Associate degree from an accredited four (4) year institution
Pay & Benefits:
- Pay starts at $18.00 per hour and will increase based on experience
- This position is part-time and does not qualify for benefits
Interested applicants can submit their resume and letter of interest to Tal Zucker at email@example.com. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed.