at Safe Voices in Auburn, Maine, United States
Child Protective Services Liaison
Safe Voices is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the full-time role of Child Protective Services Liaison. This position requires a highly motivated, professional team player with knowledge of domestic violence and excellent communication skills. This position is based in the Department of Health and Human Services, with time spent in all of the Safe Voices offices.
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer, committed to growing a diverse staff. We strongly encourage application from candidates of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, genders/gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and those with lived experience of domestic violence or sexual exploitation or trafficking. In addition, candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Responsible for improving and strengthening relationships between Safe Voices and the Department of Health and Human Services Child Protective Services in an effort to overcome and address the problems of domestic violence.
- Provide support for the non-offending parent, address dating violence and child victimization.
- Valid Maine State Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Highly motivated
- Thrive working independently, as well as part of many multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of domestic violence & advocacy techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field from an accredited four (4) year institution
- Experience in crisis and/or other human or advocacy services is preferred with knowledge of domestic violence advocacy and the Maine child protective system is preferred, but Safe Voices will train the right candidate regardless of professional experience.
- Ability to understand the unique needs and challenges specific to assisting survivors within rural communities
Pay & Benefits:
- Pay starts at $25.00 per hour and will increase based on experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Short & Long-Term Disability insurance available at low cost for employees
- Employer-sponsored Health Savings Account
- 401K Retirement Savings w/ Employer Match
- 13 Paid Holidays (to include Juneteenth & Indigenous People’s Day)
- 20 Days of Accrued Leave in First Year
- Flexible, family-friendly work options
Interested applicants can submit their resume and letter of interest to Tal Zucker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed.