at Safe Voices in Auburn, Maine, United States
Why work at Safe Voices, aside from our mission of course? Our benefits!
- 37.5 hours per week work schedule that is also flexible and family-friendly
- 20 Days of Accrued Leave in first Year
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health, 80% employer coverage paid
- Health Savings Account available with employer contribution after one year
- Short term disability, 100% employer coverage paid
- Dental and Vision
- 401K Retirement Savings – employer 2% match after one year
- No billable hours because we value your relationships and connections with our survivors more.
- Travel and documentation time included
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE, THESE ARE A FEW
Safe Voices Domestic Violence Resource Center is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the full-time role of Shelter Case Manager/Advocate. This position is based in Androscoggin County and has limited travel needs.
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer, committed to growing a diverse staff. We strongly encourage application from candidates of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, genders/gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and those with lived experience of domestic violence or sexual exploitation or trafficking. In addition, candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Providing individual advocacy and case management
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the shelter including individualized assessments, emergency intakes, meeting resident needs within the communal living environment, monitoring and restocking food supplies, organizing donations, assisting with internal office procedures and tasks, and monitoring the maintenance of shelter as assigned.
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest levels of safety and professionalism
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Possess good communication skills, be dependable and flexible in an ever-changing environment, and adhere to strict documentation guidelines.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field is required and you must be able to pass a criminal, driving and DHHS/CPS background check.
- Pay starts at $20.00 per hour and will increase based on experience
Interested applicants can submit their resume and letter of interest to Tal Zucker at email@example.com. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed.