at Woodard & Curran, Inc in Rockport, Maine, United States
JOB TITLE: Operator 1
DATE WRITTEN: March 2010
Participates in the daily operations of the of the water and/or wastewater treatment facility.
- Participates in the daily operations of the water and/or wastewater treatment facility as directed by the Plant/Project Manager.
- Assists in operation of assigned treatment, mechanical and electrical equipment and other similarly related facility components and equipment.
- Performs data entry and report generation, including data for preparing the Monthly Operating Report.
- Monitors and controls assigned tasks to ensure cost-effective service to meet budget.
- Coordinates to ensure that other facility employees follow established administrative, safety, and operating policies.
- May be required to perform maintenance duties in the absence of maintenance staff.
The list of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Technical decisions related to operational adjustments.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Courses in water and/or wastewater operation a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with computers, including an ability to work with: SCADA, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other site specific systems.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- May be required to be on call, work an irregular work schedule and overtime hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in a plant environment. The position generally involves sitting; frequent standing; frequent walking; light to moderate lifting; light carrying; frequent bending and reaching; keyboarding and telephone operation.
Performs and reviews work at interior and exterior locations that involve hazardous environments requiring protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, odors, chemicals and noise. May be required to work in confined spaces, on ladders and rooftops, and in adverse weather conditions.
Specific physical conditions require frequent work with chemicals, machinery, moving mechanical parts etc.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May stand, walk, or move 6 to 8 hours daily.
- May sit for 1 to 3 hours daily.
- May perform operations and maintenance functions requiring manual dexterity and precision movements, continuous or repetitive arm and hand movements, grasping movements, and occasional forceful exertion.
- Exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, bending and reaching, climbing stairs and ladders.
- May lift, carry, push/pull objects and materials: regularly up to 40 pounds.
- Perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, odor, depth and visual cues or signals.
- Visual and muscular dexterity to operate a motor vehicle including while towing portable equipment, equipment, hand tools and computer.
- May operat
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity