at Semiconductor Components Industries in South Portland , Maine, United States
Job DescriptionEntry-Level Manufacturing Operator $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company's products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. onsemi operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
What We Do
- Provide a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient solutions
- Help customers solve their unique design challenges
- Empower design engineers to reduce global energy use
- Operate a responsive, reliable world-class supply chain and quality program
- Maintain global environmental sustainability and social responsibility programs
Check out our Youtube Channel to learn more!
About the Job
onsemi's Wafer Fab in South Portland, Maine is growing, and we are currently hiring full-time day-shift and night-shift Manufacturing Operators to join our talented manufacturing team! No experience is necessary, we will provide the training on the job.
As an Entry-Level Manufacturing Operator you would be at the front lines of the exciting process that converts batches of blank silicon wafers (called wafer lots) into carriers for completed integrated circuits. These finished products are found in popular high-tech devices, like smart phones, tablets, and even medical devices and self-driving cars!
You are a great fit if you...
- Are interested in learning what it's like to work in a highly-controlled, laboratory-like environment, called a clean room.
- Have no problems wearing lightweight hoods, smocks, boots, and safety glasses throughout the majority of your 12 hour shift. We also prohibit the wearing of perfume, cologne, hairspray, makeup, contact lenses, dresses, and open-toed/high-heeled shoes. These dressing requirements help protect the highly-sensitive tech products you will be working with!
- Enjoy doing detailed work in a clean and structured environment, and following established safety and quality procedures.
- Have a desire to learn and grow in the manufacturing or semiconductor industries!
- Have the drive and capability to be cross trained (learn more than one job or operation).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED, etc.)
- Minimum age of 18
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer proficiency, to include systems that work very similarly to Excel
- Ability to demonstrate computer proficiency and receive a passing score on a job-specific computer assessment
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule (see below)
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing using English
- Ability to stand for at least 85% of the time (up to 10 hours) during any particular shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs
- Comfort working with and around chemicals (safety training is provided)
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task prioritize effectively to push tasks through to completion
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Stable work history is a plus
- Our South Portland Manufacturing site is 24/7 facility. Our Operators work 12 hour shifts and can choose whether they’d like to work Day or Night Shift. Day Shift is from 6am-6pm, and Night Shift is from 6pm-6am. The schedule is a 3 on/3 off rotation, which means shifts will consistently include Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weekdays, and the occasional holiday. Flexibility to work these hours is required.