at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Sign on Incentive of $1,000 Available – $200 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $300 payable after successful completion of 6 months and $500 after successful completion of one year.
The Dispatcher is responsible for efficiently assigning trips to drivers and subcontracted companies, while maintaining excellent customer service with a positive attitude in Region 5, including appointment and data entry along with clerical functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Administrative Functions:
1. Works closely with the Mid-Coast Connector Provider Relations to
identify certified providers available to conduct transports.
2. Assists in driver recruitment.
3. Performs client intake and maintains client data; performs data entry.
4. Maintains driver information in department database.
5. Provides customer service to clients over the phone.
6. Processes pre-ride trips sheets.
7. Coordinates vehicle availability with Fleet Manager/Safety Specialist.
8. Assigns trips as they come into the Easy Rides software to
transportation providers using availability and least expensive mode,
with an emphasis on cost containment as a basis for distribution following approved processes in
compliance with contract provisions.
9. Reassigns trips returned from transportation providers following approved processes in compliance
with contract provisions.
10. Follows up by telephone daily to ensure that providers can do the trips assigned for the next day.
11. Implements a backup plan to redistribute last minute returned trips.
12. Provides drivers with assistance and instruction during transport, including directions as needed;
communicates and enforces department policies, procedures and processes; provides input into driver
evaluation and disciplinary processes.
13. Assists in handling accidents, incidents and vehicle break downs.
14. Assists with post-ride trip processing.
15. Reviews trip data accuracy, and analyzes cost effectiveness of rides and routes to ensure maximum
16. Maintains processes and relationships to ensure that MaineCare member trips can be provided 24/7.
17. Maintains a professional relationship with the Department of Health and Human Services and other
referring agency caseworkers involved in scheduling rides for MaineCare members.
18. Identify and assess customer needs to improve their experience.
1. Responsible for running errands as directed, e.g. banking, mail run, picking up supplies.
2. Performs light housekeeping duties.
1. Keeps up to date on State and Federal regulations governing all aspects relevant to this position.
2. Participates in any required trainings, meetings and professional development activities.
Safety And Wellness:
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Leadership & Teamwork:
1. Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients.
2. Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
3. Builds cooperative goals and relationships of mutual trust.
4. Works in collaboration with Agency staff to facilitate a team environment.
5. Adheres to Agency policies in the use of computer technology and all telecommunication devices.
6. Performs light housekeeping duties in classroom and building as necessary.
7. Shares monitoring of voice and email systems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.