at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Under the direction of the Lead Chef, the Chef is responsible for
assisting in the preparation and transportation of meals for up to 50
children and 20 adults.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Preparation and Serving
1. Plans work schedule so that food production flows smoothly and
meals are prepared and delivered on schedule.
2. Follows standardized recipes and uses portion control methods in
the weighing/measuring of meal components.
3. Prepares, cooks and serves breakfast, lunch and snack according to
menus to meet CACFP and Head Start regulations.
4. Transports food prepared at Belfast Early Head Start to Searsport
Early Head Start then distributes as necessary.
5. Ensures that special diets are adhered to.
6. Picks up food and non-food supplies at designated location as
necessary to meet menu requirements.
7. Stores food and non-food supplies in a sanitary and orderly manner.
1. Maintains clean kitchen, storage, and serving areas on daily basis.
2. Wash and sanitize utensils and dishes thoroughly.
3. Maintains a clean neat appearance of self, including closed toed shoes, restrained hair, and a clean
1. Maintains accurate daily inventory of food and non-food commodities used in the food service
2. Prepares and submits daily production reports, menu changes, and temperature records to the Health
& Nutrition Manager at the end of each month.
3. Keeps accurate daily time sheets and submit to supervisor for payroll purposes on the time schedule
1. Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers in food preparation safety and sanitation.
2. Works with Teachers to prepare and conduct nutrition activities.
3. Responsible for training of Classroom Aide during scheduled meal service assistance
Leadership & Teamwork
1. Builds cooperative goals and relationships of mutual trust.
2. Works in collaboration with WCAP staff to facilitate a team environment.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients.
4. Adheres to WCAP policies in the use of computer technology and all telecommunication devices.
5. Performs light housekeeping duties in classroom and building as necessary.
6. Shares monitoring of voice and email systems.
7. Follows Code of Conduct.
8. Demonstrate the ability to cope with stressful situations directly, courteously, and with respect for the
rights of co-workers, parents/guardians, children, and community persons.
Safety and Wellness:
1. Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
2. Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
Professional Growth and Development:
1. Maintains qualifications for this position as required by Head Start and state child care licensing
2. Attends professional development opportunities presented by Head Start or other professional
organizations as appropriate.
3. Attends all regularly scheduled Head Start meetings, trainings and events including, but not limited to,
team meetings, and WCAP staff days.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.