at Geiger Bros. in Lewiston, Maine, United States
Do you have a passion for Payroll and Employee Benefits? Do you enjoy solving complex issues, researching new information, and creating efficient processes? Do you take pride in your attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Geiger, the largest family-owned promotional products company, seeks an experienced, knowledgeable Payroll & Benefits Administrator.
This position will process complex, multi-state weekly payrolls for multiple business units with a focus on accuracy, compliance, and a commitment to excellence for Geiger associates. This role oversees the administration of all employee benefits, worker's compensation, and employee leaves. The position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Weekly, multi-state payroll processing
- Maintain payroll information by accurately collecting, calculating, reviewing, and entering data in the ADP system
- Verify pay types, deductions, taxes, and preferences are set up correctly
- Perform a variety of weekly, monthly, and annual duties to update and reconcile information in time and attendance and payroll systems
- Monitor and resolve payroll issues promptly.
- Employment Verifications
- Populate timecards weekly for associates on leave, adding available time off and tracking FMLA leave
- Train / Assist employees & Mgrs. with timekeeping system & app
- Assisting with time off requests, reports, etc.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information accurate and confidential
- Administer benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, and disability
- Educate employees on benefit offerings and assist with enrollments
- Process all enrollments, changes, and termination
- Verify benefit invoices match the current employee roster
- Oversee COBRA eligibility, offerings, and enrollments
- Assist in 401K enrollments, terminations, and changes
- Support leave program administration (FMLA, STD, LTD)
- Provide back-up on Switchboard and for other HR staff members as needed
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience related experience in Human Resources, Finance, or related functions preferred
- 2+ years of college and specialized knowledge of payroll and employee benefits and related state and federal regulations and compliance issues preferred
- Experience working with Human Resources and supporting benefits administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience using ADP, Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and well organized
What is in it for you:
- Full benefits package
- Onsite Wellness Center and fitness classes
- Education reimbursement
- 401k (with a match!)
- Newly renovated, L.E.E.D. certified, state-of-the-art office building
Job Type: Full-time
The position is open for hybrid (once we return to the office) or remote work.
Geiger is an equal opportunity employer.