at Camden National Bank in Lewiston, Maine, United States
Primary responsibilities consist of managing all the banking center operations activities, oversight of risk and compliance efforts, and participation in the sales and service process. The essential functions are noted below; however, at Camden National responsibilities may evolve over time given organization, technological and/or staffing changes. At any point other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Responsible for ensuring the banking center’s overall compliance with operational and security policies, audit results, and continued compliance of stakeholders and systems with established procedures and practices.
- Oversees day to day facility management of office.
- Compiles, reviews and manages activities for required and special reports on operating functions of the banking center.
- Presents and discusses operational issues and/or explains procedural changes/practices at staff meetings.
- Initiates and leads stakeholder training to improve efficiency and ensure conformance with standard procedures and practices.
- Acts as a liaison with Branch Operations, Information Technology, Security and other operational areas for any system and procedural problems in banking center.
- Participates in the sales and service activities primarily through referrals.
- Responsible for delivering the best banking experience including regular responsibility for teller transactions.
- May have regular or occasional responsibilities for relationship banker activities.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of bank products and services.
- Participates in or leads activities such as scheduling, coaching, and managing referrals.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software and Internet software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of debits and credits
- Working knowledge of the Vertex Teller, Jack Henry Experience, CRM, Outlook, Jabber, and Cisco telephone systems and maintain a satisfactory proving record
- Experience with customer relations.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer.
- Willingness to learn and speak with customers about products and services and to learn referral skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with patience for performing repetitive tasks.
- Skillful and accurate operation of a ten-key adding machine.
- Demonstrated accuracy in numeric data processing.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employment with Camden National is on an at-will basis, meaning employment is not guaranteed for any specific period of time, and any employment relationship established may be terminated by either party at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Completion of an employment application is not a contract, express or implied, guaranteeing employment. Camden National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including gender identity and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.