at Camden National Bank in Rockport, Maine, United States
Under the direction of the Commercial Administration Assistant Manager the Commercial Loan Administrator I provides support to Commercial Banking Officers and Directors of Commercial Banking. The Commercial Loan Administrator I supports by assisting with organizing loan closings and pre/post-closing follow up to ensure adherence to organizational standards and regulatory requirements. Works directly with loan officers and commercial customers to solve problems and provide superior internal and external service.
This position will be based in our Auburn location and with the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with Banking Officers in all areas of commercial loan documentation and servicing to achieve departmental goals.
- Provides customer service support to commercial customers including assisting with loan advances, answering questions, problem resolution, line of credit advances and general inquiries.
- Works collaboratively with Banking Officers to effectively prepare for loan closings ensuring all necessary due diligence required is met in accordance with loan policy and procedures per the approval document.
- Reviews loan documentation before closing to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review loan documentation after closing, ensuring collateral documents are recorded appropriately, all signatures are collected, files all documentation into the electronic file system and original required documents are kept according to retention procedure.
- Works collaboratively with the designated Portfolio Manager to successfully maintain the loan portfolio in accordance with bank policy and procedure.
- Effectively reviews loan files in preparation for loan file audits.
- Works with commercial customers to obtain financials or required documentation in accordance with their loan agreement and track appropriately per procedure.
- Establish strong relationships with referral sources, inside and outside the organization.
- Effectively utilize technology and tools to maximize results (Sageworks, Synergy, Xperience, Outlook etc.)
- 0-2 years of experience working in a financial/banking institution or equivalent administrative role.
- Basic knowledge of banking terminology.
- Knowledge of banking regulations pertaining to commercial lending including but not limited to HMDA, CRA, Beneficial Ownership and Reg B preferred but not required
- Knowledge of business structures, perfection of collateral and security interests preferred but not required
- Essential knowledge of Loan Policy, Departmental Procedures, Regulatory and Compliance issues. (HMDA, CRA, OFAC, Reg B, Flood, Beneficial Ownership etc.)
- Knowledge of commercial lending, loan documentation and the loan closing process.
- Knowledge of business structures, perfection of collateral and security interests.
- 2 year college degree
- Notary Public Certification
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the competitive strengths of CNB’s products and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of team
- Must be detail oriented and have an ability to multitask effectively
- Effectively be able to prioritize tasks and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Effectively uses technology to perform daily activities and service customers
- Proactively and creatively takes initiative to meet commercial group goals
- Ability to grasp, conceptualize and work through instructions to create the desired result
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities