at Camden National Bank in Auburn, Maine, United States
Examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for lines or extension of lines of credit, commercial loans and commercial real estate loans by performing the following duties.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.*
* Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans. Includes calling on potential or existing customers to develop new business opportunities.
* Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications.
* Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan, or submits application to Credit Analyst for verification and recommendation.
* Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
* Approves loans within specified limits or refer loans to Senior Loan Officer for approval.
* Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
* Responsible for the proper handling of OREO, including the maintenance, showing and litigation of such properties.
* Collects commercial overdue accounts.
* Prepares credit memos.
* Represents the Bank at various business, community and social functions.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Education and/or Experience*
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.