at Waldo Community Action Partners in Belfast, Maine, United States
Monthly Incentive of $200 Available- payable until September 2022 for all active full and part time employees in our Early Child Program.
Sign on Incentive of $500 Available- $200 payable after successful completion of 90 days, $300 payable after successful completion of one year of employment.
The Classroom Aide acts as a program support person in the classroom, assisting teaching staff with meal service and with classroom duties to meet all Head Start and Early Head Start performance and Day Care Licensing standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists food service personnel with preparation, serving and clean-up of meals served in the program as needed.
- Walks to and from the kitchen to deliver meals and dishes.
- Maintains clean, neat appearance including closed-toed shoes and hair covering while in food service area.
* Assists Teachers with classroom activities and routines on a daily basis. Duties will include but not be limited to:
a. Responds quickly in cases of emergency, including:
i. Escorting children quickly from the building during fire drills, evacuation drills, and actual emergencies.
ii. Shifting quickly off the floor or from a standing position to respond to unsafe behaviors or challenges.
b. Bends at the knees and hips to get at the child’s level during times of communication, meals, and play.
c. Lifts, holds, and stabilizes children for hand washing, diapering and toileting, and comforting upset children.
d. Sits on the floor for times of play, and cleaning.
e. Assists with transitioning to and from playground and supervision of playground activities.
f. Participates in meal time management.
g. Participates in child development activities as instructed by Teachers.
* Assists Teachers in implementing developmentally appropriate educational activities.
- Assumes classroom responsibilities when necessary for the teacher to be out of the room.
- Conveys accurate and prompt communications from families or other staff to teaching staff.
- Assists with general classroom set-up, maintenance, and cleaning on a daily basis.
- Keeps and submits accurate daily time sheets bi-weekly.
- Performs data entry as required.
Leadership & Teamwork
* Builds cooperative goals and relationships of mutual trust.
- Works in collaboration with Agency staff to facilitate a team environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with all employees and clients.
- Collaborates with all partner agencies to assure effective communication processes across agencies.
- Adheres to Agency policies in the use of computer technology and all telecommunication devices.
- Performs light housekeeping duties in classroom and building as necessary.
- Shares monitoring of voice and email systems.
- Follows Code of Conduct.
Safety and Wellness:
* Actively promotes safety and accident prevention within the workplace.
- Reports any unsafe conditions, incidents and/or accidents immediately.
- Manages cleaning equipment including vacuum, broom, mop and bucket, washing machine, and dryer.
Professional Growth and Development:
* Maintains qualifications for this position as required by Head Start and state child care licensing regulations.
- Attends professional development opportunities presented by Head Start or other professional organizations as appropriate.
- Attends all regularly scheduled Head Start meetings, trainings and events including, but not limited to, team meetings, and WCAP staff days.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs additional duties as assigned.