at Wayfair in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Wayfair is looking for a talented, collaborative, and entrepreneurial-minded individual to produce & maintain a strong training portfolio in regards to the CastleGate program. As a training specialist, you will play an integral role in facilitating and executing employee training & SOP maintenance. You will get the flexibility to design and organize training courses by combining creativity, research and analysis of existing materials. Curriculum planning and enrollment coordination will provide you an opportunity to work with other departmental professionals and employees on an interpersonal level. This job is a perfect fit if you enjoy working with people, presenting helpful information and using your creativity. We also believe that every stakeholder deserves consistent and high quality training to help them perform to their best of their ability and achieve their career goals.
We’re excited to welcome applications from high-performing individuals who are in search of a “game changing” opportunity. We encourage you to reach out and highlight how you can contribute to the success of this great e-commerce business.
Primary Trainer Tasks
- Responsible for creating high quality content and training material, Google Docs, Slides, Drive, and Infohub are key primary tools for resource building.
- Ensuring that an efficient work etiquette and environment is created that includes both quality and quantity processing.
- Creating formalized training that helps to build the basic foundation for success.
- Onboarding training for new stakeholders, typically a two week extensive training session.
- Observes employees in action on a regular basis to determine what is working right in the field and what can be improved upon in real time.
- Helps to provide shadowing opportunities for senior members of the team who want leadership opportunities.
- For new stakeholders, holding regular 30/60/90 day check-ins to see how individuals are acclimating to the job role.
- Consistent management communication, whether it be in improving training content, or in the event support is needed from individual directs.
- Cross training/collaboration with other departments/managers in our policies and procedures.
- Participates in monthly team meetings from all managers and their directs.
- Troubleshooting with task issues in real time, assists managers when necessary if they are unavailable.
Additional Task Work
- Supporting the team upon request, monitors daily workflow to ensure that employees aren’t having issues that aren’t being addressed.
- Assisting in building scheduling for both onboarding and refresher/shadowing sessions via Google Calendar.
- Content manager for InfoHub and Google Docs, monitors and updates training materials on a quarterly basis.
- Participates in activities outside of the task including tech updates, Lunch and Learns, etc. to bring back information to teams that may provide learning opportunities outside of the regular task.
- Works to ensure content aligns with DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) standards.
- Audits training materials biannually, to ensure that content is updated to the most current standards.
- Provides coverage for absent directs as needed in task work, and participates in tasks outside of training during WayDay and Peak seasons.
- Promotes a positive work environment by assisting in games and activities to boost morale.
- Develop and maintain a robust quality assurance program to drive consistency across suppliers and workflows within the Partner Excellence & CastleGate Operations teams
What is CastleGate? CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newest business units, and it is growing rapidly! We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business – which is focused on providing strategic supply chain services to key suppliers. Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.