at Dearborn National Life Insurance in Portland, Maine, United States
Job ID: NMR-1046880
Under supervision, this position is responsible for reviewing and processing of life, waiver of premium, AD & D, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance claims for Group Insurance policies. Manage assigned workload effectively with coaching on complex situations by Supervisor or Manager. Performs a variety of related duties including timely follow up, accurate assessment of supporting information, appropriate adjudication of these claims with optimum outcomes and customer service.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelors degree or 4 years of business experience.
* PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Excellent Customer Service skills.
* Excellent math aptitude, analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Problem solving and research skills.
* Experience handling multiple tasks and managing priorities.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* LOMA courses
* Experience in any of the following categories: Life claims, Waiver of Premium claims, Accident Insurance claims, Critical Illness claims, Long Term Disability (LTD) claims, Short-Term Disability (STD) claims, or Worker's Compensation
* Knowledge of state regulations, statutes, and ERISA.
* Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology
* Ability to fluently speak and write Spanish a plus.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Claims & Customer Service
Claims & Customer Service
Job Type Full-Time Regular
Location ME - Portland, ME, TX - Richardson, IL - Belleville, MI - Southfield, IL - Lombard
ME - Portland, ME, TX - Richardson, IL - Belleville, MI - Southfield, IL - Lombard
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.