at Woodard & Curran, Inc in Portland, Maine, United States
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership and flexibility. Thats how we make a difference to our clients, people and planet.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a motivated CAD/Revit Drafter Intern to join our company. If you want to jumpstart your career and expand your skills while working alongside talented, experienced experts, then this is the opportunity for you! We are a mission-driven organization that puts our people first, with a culture that focuses on providing meaningful work, engaging challenges, recognition, and reward. Our CAD group is committed to the internship model and it has proven to be a beneficial pipeline for developing future full-time engineers after graduation.
What You Will Be Doing At Woodard & Curran:
Duties and responsibilities vary based on level of experience, project expectations, individual motivation, and aptitude for learning and applied concepts. An intern will generally shadow experienced professionals and participate as a member of a team by contributing to actual projects. Interns can apply what they have learned from the classroom via experience-based learning. We will give you the opportunity to assist with entry level engineering assignments which may include:
- Working collaboratively with engineers and designers in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Setting up new jobs and file structures on the network according to company standards.
- Laying out engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Revit and perform general design drafting.
- Interpreting engineer's rough plan mark-ups and modify or finalize design documents.
- Performing field investigations to determine existing conditions, if the opportunity arises.
- Creating and developing 3D models (3D solid in AutoCAD or Revit families) from vendor cut sheets.
- Applying technical and engineering fundamentals, recommended design procedures, and prepare design packages for approval.
- Learning the project lifecycle, manage priorities and personal workload to meet deadline commitments.
- Participation in CAD Discipline Community of Practice, user groups, information sharing, and implementation of company standards.
- Your work will come in varying degrees of complexity and although you will work independently to the degree possible, our experienced designers and engineers will be there to answer questions and provide on-the-job mentoring.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree, or in pursuit of Associates Degree or similar or comparable field of study or technical training, in an area of Drafting, Computer Aided Design, Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or applicable field.
- Developing proficiency in the operation of computer software and applications, AutoCAD MEP and Revit systems.
- Developing proficiency in CAD and BIM standards and symbology, sheet-set manager, settings and functions, model management and workflow.
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Office 365 Worklet Apps.
- Excellent communicati
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity