at PeopleReady in Bangor, Maine, United States
Are you looking for work TODAY? Or tomorrow? Do you know that you have next Monday and Tuesday available and want to make a few extra bucks instead of hanging out at home? Or perhaps you work during the week but are also interested in weekend work here and there?
At PeopleReady we have dozens of On-Demand opportunities – those jobs for which we may only need people for one day or one weekend. These opportunities come up at the last minute or are so flexible in nature that our associates can easily pick and choose the days or jobs they want to work on any given day – those that fit exactly within their schedule.
When you apply with PeopleReady to be considered for On-Demand opportunities, you become part of an interactive network via our text alerts and the use of our JobStack app. You get notified when work is available – and if you’re up for it – you commit to the job. It’s that easy.
- Examples of On-Demand positions: a quick turn-around set up for an event, working concessions for the big home game this Sunday, helping to unload trucks full of material for a retail store remodel.
- Advantages of On-Demand positions: the opportunities could be in a variety of environments, include a wide range of tasks, and the best part is that in most cases, you don’t need to make a long-term commitment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Most of the time no experience is needed for our On-Demand opportunities.
- Some, however, require some initial training – but once you have that behind you, you can accept similar/future On-Demand assignments on-the-spot.
Additional Information – For other temporary/Temp-To-Hire General Labor open positions with us – See below and Contact the Branch for more information
The job duties of a General Labor vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading, and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.