at Ascentria Care Alliance in Portland, Maine, United States
Ascentria Care Alliance employees and volunteers take pride in the impact they have on the people they serve. It’s more than just a job, it’s an opportunity our employees have to care for and share in the lives of people who greatly need and appreciate their presence. Ascentria Care Alliance focuses on every child, elder, disabled person, refugee, endangered teen or teenage mom in order to build stronger communities one person at a time. This is an excellent opportunity to enhance the operations of a $75m non-profit social services organization with programs throughout New England.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• ensures individual plan is implemented
• modeling appropriate communication and presentation in the community for individual
• provide support and advocates for client as appropriate
• assisting individuals to reach their goals/skill building
• crisis and emergency behavior management
• med administration and proper documentation compliance in accordance to State of ME regulatory guidelines and practices
• work in partnership with individual to access activities/ community resources
• ensure health and safety of individual
• ensures nutritional/hygiene needs are met
• provides assistance in personal care and medical needs as defined in individual plan
• provide and model boundaries and limit setting
• provides transportation as defined in plan and approved by Manager
• understands what reporting is mandated
• maintains and submits accurate and timely documentation to meet contractual/ licensing standards and policy and procedures.
• teamwork – works well with others in the interest of the individuals we support
• Employees are required to work any program that may have a need and will be assigned and directed to other programs prior to and or during scheduled shifts
• attends and participates in mandatory team meetings and required trainings
• assist in the evaluation and reporting requirements for PQI, including contributing to the development of outcomes, indicators and setting targets
• participate in the collection and interpretation of data; and applying data to assist in improved practices for service delivery
• other duties assigned and or associated with PQI to support the needs of the organization
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments inherent in the job.
- Ascentria Organizational Orientation.
- Maintain mandatory training and certifications as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands are generally:
Sedentary - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Requires driving own vehicle to various sites.
Mental Demands are generally:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and organize.
- Ability to do detailed work with high degree of concentration
- Ability to work under stress or in a fast-paced environment.
Yes. Transportation of clients and to Ascentria offices throughout region