at S.W. COLE ENGINEERING, INC. in Bangor, Maine, United States
We are currently accepting applications for an immediate opening for a full time Construction Services Technician to be based at our Bangor, Maine office.
If you are new to the industry and looking for a career change, or have limited experience in construction services, we provide opportunities for extensive training and job experience to develop your skills and expertise. We train and support our Team's professional development by seeking certifications for construction materials testing to support growth and advancement in the company. In addition to the company’s health, disability, and retirement benefit offerings, we also compensate for travel time to project sites and reimburse mileage if your personal vehicle is used for travel.
The Bangor, Maine office is part of the S. W. Cole Engineering team, an established employee owned firm with a history of over 40 years of success and stable growth serving clients throughout New England. We are a hardworking team with a passion for construction whose focus is to provide high quality services to our clients while helping each other reach our goals.
This position involves construction materials testing (performing field testing and some laboratory testing of soil, concrete, masonry, asphalt and other materials components) associated with a variety of construction projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and active personal auto insurance policy.
- Understand and apply basic math skills.
- Materials sampling & handling (includes moving and transporting up to 75 lbs over uneven ground).
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to learn and interpret project specifications and plans and follow directions.
- Ability to safely operate company equipment, and communicate using signals in the field.
- Must obtain Nuclear Densometer Training & Certification, and complete the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Certification within one month of hire (paid and provided by S.W.COLE).
- Experienced candidates will have prior CMT experience and hold valid CMT certifications (ACI, NETTCP, ICC, etc.) .
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We are not able to sponsor employment Visas at this time.
To be considered for this position please fill out the application, and upload a resume and a cover letter. The cover letter should demonstrate your writing skills and summarize how your experience and qualifications make you a good candidate for this position.
Benefits at S.W.COLE
We offer paid training, paid certification fees, and opportunities for advancement including the Stephen W. Cole Emerging Leaders Program (an internal leadership development program). Our team members are offered a benefits package that, depending on eligibility, includes medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life and voluntary life insurance, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer match, 401k with employer match, profit sharing, financial wellness program, paid time off, paid holidays, mobile phone stipend, tuition reimbursement, and an allowance to use at our company clothing store. We have three options for travelling between our office and job sites for field based team members – 1) Use your own suitable vehicle and we compensate you for your time and mileage. 2) Use one of our company trucks. 3) Join our vehicle lease program, which includes an allotment for personal use.
S. W. Cole Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled