at Jobs Corps in Bangor, Maine, United States
Global, a 1st Flagship Company
Job ID: 2022-4397
Address: 1375 Union Street
Schedule Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with additional hours/days as necessary
Schedule Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Maintenance/Logistics Supervisor position is responsible for the center maintenance/logistics function, which includes property and inventory control, transportation, and facilities maintenance.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the center transportation system, including bus schedules, vehicle records and timely maintenance, and dispatching center vehicles as required
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate, current and complete records of all center property
- Examines, marks and records all equipment received, new or excess
- Completes necessary documentation to relieve center of responsibility for property stolen or determined to be in excess of the center's needs
- Reviews purchase requisitions for equipment and supplies to ensure that authorized property requirement and inventory levels are not exceeded
- Ensures that all property received is delivered to the requester
- Coordinates the relocation of all center equipment and revises inventories accordingly
- Responsible for safeguarding all maintenance equipment and property
- Plans, assigns, directs and coordinates the work of maintenance personnel in all areas of the center relative to renovations, modification, maintenance, and new work requirements
Minimum: High school graduate plus two years of additional college course work, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Four-year broad-based experience in construction/building maintenance that includes specialized maintenance of mechanical and electrical experience of which one was in a supervisory capacity
Preferred: Certificate of completion from building trades training program or apprenticeship program. Extensive experience in the building trades. Three or more years managerial experience.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electronics, welding, etc. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must possess a valid State driver's license. Ability to obtain a CDL if required Ability to operate hand and power tools. Knowledge of supervisory techniques; ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to read and interpret schematics.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status