at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Commercial Opportunity Development, and working closely with the In Vivo Pharmacology Business Unit Manager, the incumbent is responsible for increasing revenue generated by product and service sales within the assigned BU. Demonstrates a high-level of expertise in the utilization of the mouse as a platform for basic biomedical and drug discovery research and in the solutions provided by the Laboratory to solve research problems. The incumbent interacts with decision makers within the assigned market segment and throughout The Lab to secure high value projects and account specific programmatic growth that leverages the science of The Laboratory and contribute to our mission. The incumbent provides management and oversight that includes developing sales plans, implementation of plans, and reporting of results to JMCRS stakeholders. Measures of success include revenue performance versus established sales targets and accepted projects (won opportunities - new and renewed) and expanding the market share of the Laboratory by increasing the number of commercial accounts/customers. Additionally, the incumbent will work closely with the ODM regional territory managers as a scientific and technical resource with the primary objectives of developing, refining and implementing strategy for accounts/targets of high strategic value to the Laboratory within the business unit. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for successfully identifying and closing opportunities independently or collaboratively with regional Opportunity Development Managers in assigned market segments that position JMCRS as a preferred supplier. The incumbent interacts with decision makers within the assigned market segments to convert high-value projects from competitors, increasing market-share and leverages the science of The Laboratory and contribute to our mission.
*Please include a cover letter of interest with your current resume*
* Work in conjunction with the Associate Director/Director of Marketing,
Scientific Support & Business Development, the Business Unit Manager and
Director of Opportunity Development to develop and successfully execute the
revenue generation strategy for assigned market segment and product
* Meet or exceed the financial goal(s) for highly complex services delivered by
The Laboratory by working in a collaborative manner with the Business Unit
Manager, Opportunity Development regional managers, Marketing and other
internal teams throughout the organization.
* Execute a successful sales conversion strategy that increases market share for competitive product and service offerings at key commercial and academic
* Independently identify, assemble and present creative sales solutions to BUMs
that result in large awarded studies.
* Proactively identify new customers, especially high-level commercial contacts
and provide solutions that create long standing relationships to address their
* Proactively maintain CRM - database with updated customer information as
well as updated information on all business opportunities
* Serve as the primary BU technical and scientific expert in the field. Use this
knowledge to assist in the refinement of BU sales strategy and tactical approach throughout all territories. Master and deliver product presentations in the field.
* Travel with regional Opportunity Development Managers to ensure their
tactical sales approach is aligned with overall BU strategy and assist in providing product and service specific training and expertise to improve their technical competency.
* Actively seek, analyze and communicate market trends, intelligence and
competitor information to management. Work with BUMs, Marketing and Sales
to respond rapidly to changing markets and strategize new approaches for
improving revenue performance.
* Demonstrate commitment to creating a high-performance culture and positive
work environment. Includes continued effort toward improving the customer
experience, coping with and supporting change, commitment to a solution driven approach to problem solving, and embracing leadership opportunities.
* Posses a confident, energetic, and persuasive style that will enable them to
work productively and collaboratively within a research driven, non-profit
organization for the successful execution of strategy in achieving organizational goals.
* A Masters in Science; PhD and/or MBA preferred.
* 5+ years successful sales/business experience.
* Demonstrated success developing scientific business opportunities.
* Direct business experience in biomedical or animal science sales including documented, successful territory management,... For full info follow application link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.