at Safe Voices in Auburn, Maine, United States
Safe Voices Domestic Violence Resource Center is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the full-time role of Housing Navigator. This position is located in our shelter location in Androscoggin County and works with current and former shelter, and has limited travel needs.
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer, committed to growing a diverse staff. We strongly encourage application from candidates of all racial and ethnic backgrounds, genders/gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, and those with lived experience of domestic violence or sexual exploitation or trafficking. In addition, candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Assisting victims of domestic violence in overcoming barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing.
- Actively collaborates with partnering agencies, community resources, as well as landlords to provide information and referrals necessary to meet the individual’s needs and housing stability of the program participants.
- Providing individualized client support by developing an individualized housing stability plan with clients and address any barriers to obtaining and maintaining permanent housing. This includes connecting to services to increase income as well as accessing mental health services and resources as needed.
- Knowledge of domestic violence
- Ability to remain calm and effective in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest levels of safety and professionalism
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Possess good communication skills, be dependable and flexible in an ever-changing environment, and adhere to strict documentation guidelines.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field
- Must be able to pass a criminal, driving and DHHS/CPS background check.
- Active driver’s license and reliable transportation
Pay & Benefits:
- $18.00 per hour to start with an increase to $20.00 per hour after the first year and successful completion of required training.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident, Short & Long-Term Disability insurance available at low cost for employees
- Employer-sponsored Health Savings Account
- 401K Retirement Savings w/ Employer Match
- 13 Paid Holidays (to include Juneteenth & Indigenous People’s Day)
- 20 Days of Accrued Leave in First Year
- Flexible, family-friendly work options (to include compressed work schedule)
Interested applicants can submit their resume and letter of interest to Tal Zucker at firstname.lastname@example.org.