at Northeast Bank in Lewiston, Maine, United States
POSITION SUMMARY: The Northeast Bank Managed Portfolios Team is looking for an experienced and motivated Portfolio Specialist to work in our Business Banking segment. This individual will help support small business commercial lending done in the Maine-based Banking Centers by advising and supporting Banking Center managers regarding servicing of the existing commercial portfolio and aiding in the origination of new small business loans. This individual will also assist and provide guidance in credit underwriting, folio management and loan documentation of the small business commercial portfolio. This individual will likely be assigned a portfolio of commercial relationships to directly manage. The person who will succeed in this role will have a blend of exposure in and basic knowledge of commercial lending, portfolio management and credit underwriting.
• Communicate with and assist Banking Center Managers in prescreening, servicing, and originating small business loans.
• Directly manage a portfolio of small business relationships that evidence complexity or need more direct attention.
• Collaborate and liaison with support personnel (including valuation, environmental and legal departments), loan servicing, loan approvers, and credit administration to ensure sound small business lending products to creditworthy customers.
• Ability to conduct credit analysis and prepares loan analyses, summarizing financial condition and repayment sources for the credit offering, gathering of outside data/market research, including industry trends, to support lending decisions and portfolio risk.
• Effectively plan and manage renewal activity and modifications for the Portfolio.
• Provide consulting to credit underwriting associates, loan processing and asset management as needed.
• Assists with various credit administration monitoring tasks and reporting of small business commercial activity.
• On occasion, may assist in National Lending or special projects outside of the Business Banking portfolio.
• Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations required by the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Management)
• General knowledge of commercial products and commercial loan documentation
• Analytical ability, including proficiency in reading and interpreting financial statements and tax returns
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task, self-motivate, and motivate others
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Supervisory responsibilities for a single Commercial Credit Underwriting position
• Outgoing, charismatic, and comfortable engaging with people in all types of environments through all mediums (phone, in person, via email)6
• Team-orientation with a desire to learn and improve
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND CONDITIONS:
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
• Some travel may be required.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25lbs.
• Consistently operates a computer and other office equipment such as calculator, copy machine and printers.
• Climate controlled general office setting with moderate noise level.
• Must express or exchange ideas with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Northeast Bank is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national original, veteran status and any other classification protected by Law.