at Downeast Transportation in Ellsworth, Maine, United States
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing safe transportation to residents and visitors of Mount Desert Island.
- Following the policies and procedures for safe operation of Island Explorer Buses as defined in the Downeast Transportation Inc. Guidelines.
- Operating vehicles along pre-determined routes and schedules in an efficient manner.
- Greeting each passenger as they enter the bus.
- If the Annunciator fails, announcing the location of each stop over the PA.
- Tracking the number of riders entering and exiting the bus at each location if the MDC isn’t working.
- Performing and logging daily vehicle inspections.
- Vehicle damage or maintenance concerns to operations manager. Damage resulting from an accident/incident requires that operators fill out a Vehicle Incident Report which is turned in to the Operations Manager.
- Making decisions and resolving issues in a positive and friendly manner when, confronted by rider generated concerns.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager or shift supervisor which enhance the operation of the Island Explorer shuttle system.
- Cleaning the bus at the beginning of shift and picking up all litter at the end of shift.