at Assistance Plus in Waterville, Maine, United States
Job Descriptionssistance Plus has an opening for a part-time Family Support Specialist (FSS) in the Central Maine area. The Family Support Specialist (FSS) will work with the behavioral health home team to ensure that well-coordinated and integrated care is delivered to youth and families served. The FSS will provide leadership and technical assistance in developing and implementing the BHHO peer support services. A willingness to share experiences with peers, co-workers, and community providers is essential for success in this position. This position must be able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays. Because the FSS will occasionally drive to a client’s home in order to provide services, proof of vehicle insurance at $50K/$100K is required. **Competitive Rates of Pay*, Earned Benefit Time, Flexible schedule** Minimum Requirements
- Self-identified mental health consumer who has personally experienced a severe and persistent mental health diagnosis that is willing to share that experience to benefit others;
- Demonstrated effective problem solving shills and ability to manager difficult clients and situations with calmness and diplomacy;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must meet the annual State of Maine requirements to maintain Peer/Family certification;
- Entry level computer skills;
- Immunization record (preferred);
- Must have a safe automobile, valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of 50/100k liability insurance;
- Must be 18 years old and have high school diploma or GED or higher education.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check that includes criminal, motor vehicle, Adult/Child Protective Services.