at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay, Maine, United States
Ensure a pleasant and safe experience for guests and employees by maintaining the cleanliness of the facilities. The incumbent will work with indirect supervision, performing daily, event-related and seasonal tasks.
Essential Functions: (This job requires the performance of the following tasks, with or without accommodation. Incumbents may be regularly or occasionally required to assume additional responsibilities or perform additional tasks.)
- Clean, sanitize, and restock restrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean and cigarette urns; wash accessible interior and exterior windows; clean blinds; wash walls and equipment; collect recycling materials. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff, and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use, checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Participate in Gardens-wide initiatives including Gardens Aglow assignments
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.