at Woodfords Family Services in Portland, Maine, United States
School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)
$18.00 to 20.00 Hourly
Coverage needed in Portland, Falmouth and Gray/New Gloucester schools
Up to $500
- $250 Hire Bonus paid within first full pay period
- $250 Stay Bonus paid after 60 days successful employment
On-call substitute Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) needed to join our School Based Services program.
- Hours will vary as coverage is needed
- Monday - Friday, school-day hours
Pay is $18.00 to $20.00 hourly
School Based BHPs work one-on-one with a student throughout the school day.
Woodfords' School Based Services program provides assessment and treatment of developmental, mental health and/or co-occurring disorders for children. Structured therapeutic services are designed to improve a child's functioning of daily and community living. The program includes individual and group treatment, and therapeutic treatment oriented to develop a child's emotional and physical capability in areas of interpersonal functioning.
The Role of a School Based BHP:
As a Woodfords' School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP),
- Work one-on-one with a student with special needs within a local school system working on behaviors, social skills, personal and daily routines, as well as community inclusion.
- Use strategies based on the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to address challenging behaviors and learning deficits in students with autism, intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Be a key member of the School Based Services program working independently with the child and cooperatively with a treatment team.
We invest in our employees and provide paid training & opportunities for advancement
We teach employees the skills and strategies they need to be successful in their roles
Key Qualifications of a School Based Behavioral Health Professional (BHP):
- 90 college credit hours required in psychology, social services, education, or related field (for those in pursuit of a graduate degree in behavior analysis, BCBA independent fieldwork supervision available)
- Willing to attain certification as a Behavioral Health Professional (BHP course completed as part of employment and paid for by agency)
- Valid driver's license with current auto insurance and use of reliable vehicle.
- Experience working with children with mental health diagnoses and/or intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Experience using teaching strategies derived from the principles and practices of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) (highly desired).
- Flexibility to attend mandatory team meetings and trainings.
- A positive attitude, high energy level and creativity
Woodfords Family Services:
Woodfords Family Services has been committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families since 1967. For over 50 years, our agency has been Maine's leader in the provision of services for individuals and their families with autism, developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Want to learn more about our agency, programs or employment opportunities?
Check out our website: Woodfords Family Services
Take a look at these videos and hear from our staff, consumers and families about how amazing Woodfords is!
- Advancement within Woodfords Family Services
- Paid Training and Certification
- Professional Development
Woodfords Family Services has implemented safety protocols in accordance with current CDC guidelines.
Woodfords Family Services is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program. Woodfords is committed to support employees who are eligible for the PSLF Program with necessary documentation. To learn more visit: https://studentaid.gov/manage-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.