at TEMPO, Inc. in Caribou, Maine, United States
Now hiring a Cleaning Services Technician to perform sanitation and cleaning duties for a local healthcare facility in Caribou. Great fit for an efficient worker with a good eye for detail. No previous experience required. Full-time; $14.00/hr.
Employees will routinely clean both public and patient care areas in the hospital. Duties will include washing all surfaces in waiting rooms, dry and damp moping floors, vacuuming, emptying and sanitizing trash baskets and providing laundry and cleaning services for patient rooms and bathrooms. Workers must report any damaged equipment or potential safety hazards to management.
- Consult a schedule to coordinate the daily activities and adjust for fluctuations in workload.
- Select cleaning materials and supplies, and prepare solutions according to procedure, loads service cart, and transport to work area.
- Observe established isolation and asepsis techniques.
- Clean assigned areas by washing furniture, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions; scour and polish sinks, showers, toilets, water fountains, blinds, and mirrors.
- Thoroughly clean assigned areas by washing walls, doors, door frames, ceiling, appropriate equipment, patient televisions, and windows.
- Routinely dry and damp mop floors or vacuum in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area.
- Empty trash baskets in designated areas; sanitize all trash cans.
- Clean equipment and notify team leader of equipment needing repair; report safety hazards to manager.
- Thoroughly wash and sanitize patient rooms and bathrooms.
- Assist coworkers who exhibit insufficient knowledge or ability to complete the assigned tasks or duties.
- When requested, be willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or cover for emergencies.
- Ability to crouch, bend, reach overhead and move/lift moderate loads of materials or equipment.
- Previous experience with cleaning or sanitation services helpful, but not required.
Schedule: Full-time; Multiple shifts available