at Sunday River Skiway Corp in Newry, Maine, United States
Sunday River's Guest Service team is hiring Greeters to welcome our guests to the resort!
Greeters assist guests, monitor locker rooms, assist with refilling our Pick Up Boxes (PUBs), and direct guests on how to use the PUBs properly.
This position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and high levels of patience and professionalism. The Greeter is the main point of contact for directions and resort questions on lift openings and closures, restaurants around the mountain, activities, and special events on and off the mountain, and all other services Sunday River provides. Excellent guest service, flexibility in the workplace, the ability to learn quickly, and a desire to work independently are all a must.
Guest Service Greeters work indoors approximately 50% of the time and outdoors approximately 50% of the time.
Guest Service Greeters will be in continuous contact with guests throughout their workday. They will also be in contact with other employees from other departments that may have questions about the mountain, tickets, passes, etc. Specialists speak with thousands of guests daily and must be able to maintain a positive attitude in each of those interactions. Challenging guest interactions can also be present daily. Those may take place for many different reasons and it is important for the successful Guest Service Greeters to listen to guests and help in any way they are able to do so. Expected Hours/Schedule: 40 hours a week, with some overtime, for 38 weeks per year. Part time up to 26 weeks.
- Provide friendly and courteous service to all guests and Team Members
- Work indoors and outdoors in a winter environment
- Learn, understand and effectively communicate multiple product types to guest and easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guest’s needs and the business objectives
- Handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional guest service; internal & external
- Follow company/department policies & procedures
- Participate in resort & departmental trainings
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area and report any areas of concern
- Understand/learn the criteria for lift access products
- Meet, greet, and assist guests as they arrive at the resort before, during, and after the ski day