at Southworth-Milton, Inc. in Scarborough, Maine, United States
Milton CAT is seeking an experienced Earthmoving Field Service Technician. Technicians are responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of customer and company heavy equipment and components. Depending on the location and assignment, the technician will be responsible for some or all of the functions and duties listed below. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required.
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical troubleshooting steps.
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines.
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts ordered are correct and complete at time of order.
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and components.
- Tests, measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components.
- Prepares, inspects and operates machines prior to delivery.
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems.
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports timely.
- Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times adhering to company policy.
- Comply with Milton CAT safety policies, procedures and standards. Ability to adapt to new and changing safety practices and procedures is a must.
- Flexible to work after hours when needed to meet customer needs.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
- Five plus years' experience as an Earthmoving Field Technician working with heavy equipment.
- Experience on CAT heavy equipment or similar equipment.
- Must be proficient in mechanical systems (transmissions, engines, hydraulics, etc.).
- Ability to diagnose and repair CAT heavy equipment and components in the field.
- DOT and MSHA certifications required.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and related software (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to operate a service vehicle.
- Valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- Strong math skills.
- Able to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in the field without supervision.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced service environment.
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks.
- Heavy equipment service/maintenance knowledge.
- Must have a safe working record.
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
- CDL License.
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. A background check and drug test are requi
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity