at Bath Iron Works Corp in Brunswick, Maine, United States
Engineer II / III / Senior, Electrical
Post End Date
The Life Cycle Engineering Department supports the design, integration and construction of modernized systems and equipment on in-service Navy surface combatants.
This position reports to the DDG 1000 Planning Yard Engineering team, to provide functional Electrical Engineering analysis and Technical Point of Contact (TPOC) support for DDG 51 and DDG 1000 Class Destroyers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Performing functional electrical engineering analysis for installation of shipalts into DDG 51 and DDG 1000 class ships
- Supporting update of associated databases and calculations, and configuration management of changes to power systems since new construction, for DDG 51 and DDG 1000 power distribution systems.
- Specifying new functional designs and design changes in support of Navy contracts, Ship Upgrades (SCDs) and special studies for DDG 51 and DDG 1000 class ships.
- Working with customers (Navy, Installing Activities, Procurement, Contracts, Detail Design, and On-Site Design Representatives) to resolve technical issues, recommend changes and maintain appropriate communications.
- Some travel to ships' Home Ports may be required
- Working with customers to resolve technical issues, recommend changes and maintain appropriate communications
- Reviewing and approving detail design products
- Senior Engineer: BS in Electrical Engineering or a related degree and 5 years minimum experience required
- Engineer III: BS and 2-3 years minimum experience
- Engineer II: BS and 1 year minimum experience
- Familiarity with shipboard power distribution systems desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute projects
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail with proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- WINDOWS and WINDOWS software operating skills required
- Microsoft Excel and Word skills required, proficiency in Access desirable
- CAD (AutoCAD) skills desirable
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V